Abington Seniors Sign Their National Letters of Intent

Big Day for Lauren Keleher (BU) and Corin Mahan (Assumption)

Abington+High+School+seniors+Lauren+Keleher+%26+Corin+Mahan+signed+their+National+Letters+of+Intent+Monday%0ANovember+18%2C+2019%2C+to+attend+Boston+University+%28Keleher%29+and+Assumption+College+%28Mahan%29+and+play+Softball.+

Peter Serino, press release, fair use

Abington High School seniors Lauren Keleher & Corin Mahan signed their National Letters of Intent Monday November 18, 2019, to attend Boston University (Keleher) and Assumption College (Mahan) and play Softball.

LAUREN KELEHER ’20

Lauren Keleher has started in center field for her entire career with the Abington High School Softball team. She helped lead the team to the Division 3 State Championship her sophomore year. Her teams have won the South Shore League Tobin Championship every year and she was named the SSL player of the year as a freshman and junior.

Additionally, she was named the Brockton Enterprise Female Athlete of the year for the 2018-19 school year and has been named to the Boston Herald and Globe All Scholastic teams.

Coach Kelsea Cheney said “Lauren is one of the hardest working high school athletes I have ever met. Her dedication to the sport truly shows in her abilities. She has speed, power, and a great read on the ball in the outfield. She works hard whether it’s a game, practice or conditioning. I look forward to seeing what she can do at the collegiate level.”

In addition to her success on the field Lauren is a high honors student, President of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee, Vice President of National Honor Society, and class treasurer.

CORIN MAHAN ’20

Corin Mahan has been the starting catcher for her entire career at Abington High School. She was a key member of the Division 3 State Championship team her sophomore year, being named the South Shore League Player of the year during the season. She has been named to the SSL all star team all three years. She is also a Boston Herald and Brockton Enterprise All Scholastic, and an honor roll student and member of the National Honor Society.

As a captain of Abington’s volleyball team, she helped create the program, and this year as team MVP, the team qualified for the State Tournament in only its third year as a varsity program.

Coach Cheney said, “Corin is one of the most solid defensive high school catchers around. She blocks everything in the dirt, and it is very rare to see anything go by her. She is tough to run on because of her arm strength. I look forward to seeing he progress as an athlete and seeing what she can do at the next level.”

Athletic Director Peter Serino said, “We are extremely proud of both Lauren and Corin. They represent the ideals that we strive to instill in student athletes throughout their careers at Abington. Both students are extremely talented, but what is most impressive is their commitment to their sport, teammates and community. They are involved in multiple aspects of the community and serve as multisport captains as well as being very active in the Unified Sports program. Both Lauren and Corin are extremely deserving of this honor and I look forward to their continued success at the collegiate level.”