Another Student-Athlete Commits

Junior Lauren Keleher Verbally Commits to Playing D1 Softball at BU

Back to Article
Back to Article

Another Student-Athlete Commits

Abington High School Center Fielder Lauren Keleher ('20) catches a fly ball during the State Semi Finals, held in Lowell on June 19, 2018.

Bill Marquardt, with permission

Bill Marquardt, with permission

Bill Marquardt, with permission

Mackenzie Cahill, Staff Writer

On Thursday, Nov. 29, 2018, Abington High School center fielder Lauren Keleher, a member of the junior class, verbally committed to play Division One softball and continue her academic career at Boston University. Keleher will be attending BU in the fall of 2020 and plans to sign her National Letter of Intent in November of 2019. Keleher’s teammate Jordyn Needle signed her National Letter of Intent last November to play with Bentley.

In addition to academics, where Keleher is a member of the National Honor Society at AHS, sports have played a major role in her life. As an entering student at Abington High School in 2016, Keleher was the only freshman on the Girls Varsity Basketball team. Also during her freshman year, she played on the Girls Varsity Softball team where Keleher has been Abington’s star Center Fielder. Keleher and the rest of the AHS 2018 softball team went all the way, winning the MIAA Division III state championship.

With her stellar arm and love for the game, Keleher said, “I can’t wait to continue playing at the highest level of softball and further my education at a prestigious university.” Keleher knew Boston University was a perfect fit. “When I visited BU, I fell in love with the campus, coaches, and team atmosphere,” she said.

Pullquote Photo

When I visited BU, I fell in love with the campus, coaches, and team atmosphere.”

— Lauren Keleher

The junior softball standout, who also is a Green Wave basketball All Star, visited the university for two days in September of 2018. She got a feel for BU’s softball organization, and was able to watch the team practice. Keleher said she was “excited to go on campus and hang out with the girls [because it] really gave me a good feel of what life was like for a softball player at BU.”

Be sure to follow the Abington Green Wave Boosters  and Abington Athletics on Twitter to find out team schedules. We wish Lauren the best of luck at Boston University, and know she will do great things!

About the Writer
Mackenzie Cahill, Staff Writer

Mackenzie is a member of the Class of 2021, and is also a member of Peer Leaders. She joined the Green Wave Gazette as a staff writer during her sophomore...

1 Comment

One Response to “Another Student-Athlete Commits”

1. Marilyn Weber on February 9th, 2019 10:56 AM

Well written article, Mackenzie! Congratulations to Lauren and best wishes for her future studies and sporting events at BU!

• Another Student-Athlete Commits

Green Wave Sports

Rooting on Boys Basketball

• Another Student-Athlete Commits

Green Wave Sports

Bryson Andrews Hits 1,000 Points

• Another Student-Athlete Commits

Green Wave Sports

Title Win for Abington Girls Basketball

• Another Student-Athlete Commits

Green Wave Sports

A Win for Nineteen Abington Athletes

• Another Student-Athlete Commits

Green Wave Sports

#Black Out Cancer

Another Student-Athlete Commits