Jordyn Needle Verbally Commits to Bentley University

Softball Career Will Continue

Bill Marquardt, with permission

Jordyn Needle(’19) after state championship win.

Emily Coulsey, Staff Writer

Jordyn Needle, a member of the class of 2019, has verbally agreed to continue her academic and softball careers with Bentley University. She will be attending in the fall of 2019. Needle will be signing her National Letter of Intent (NLI) in November. 

Needle has played softball for the greater part of her life. When the opportunity was proposed to her, she was “very excited… because [Bentley] is a really good business school and [she] loved the girls on the softball team and the coaching staff.“ 

She knew Bentley was right for her because “Bentley had everything [she] was looking for in a school. The size, location, team, coaches and academics were all a really good fit for [her].” Needle went on an overnight visit to Bentley University and had the opportunity to experience a practice with the team and take a class in the school. She stated that after that overnight, she knew that she definitely wanted to attend Bentley University. “I am excited to meet new people and start a new chapter of  my life.” 

I am excited to meet new people and start a new chapter of  my life.

— Jordyn Needle

Needle, along with her teammates on the AHS softball team, won the Division 3 Softball State Championship in Turner Falls on June 23. Then on July 31, they visited the Massachusetts State House and were each given awards signed by the State Senators. The champions were invited to attend the Red Sox game at Fenway Park on Aug. 20.  

The team was recognized alongside fellow Massachusetts state championship softball and baseball teams at the Red Sox game. Those teams were introduced on the field during the pregame.  

Abington was the first team announced, which Needle thought “was pretty cool. It was a lot of fun to see ourselves on the big screen and hear them announce our team.”  

Abington High School is extremely proud of Needle and wishes her the best of luck when attending Bentley in the upcoming years!