Thoughtful Sticky Notes Line the Halls

Abington’s Anti-Bullying Club spreads kindness

Alison Santosuosso, archived photo

Sticky notes line the hallway lockers at Abington High School on Friday, January 31, 2020, as seen on the second floor English wing.

Caitlin Malone, Contributor

On Friday, Jan. 31 the Anti-Bullying Club (ABC) wanted to make Abington High School students feel wanted. The club wrote inspiring sticky notes. They put them on lockers on the first and second floors. The notes were there before students got to school.

Pullquote Photo

It was inspiring because it reminded me that I only have one life so I should do what makes me happy and not care what other people think.

— Lily Jackson

Mr. Brian Lanner, a social studies teacher at the high school who also is the adviser of ABC said, “I love this activity each year.”

The sticky notes were to help students to remember what is special about themselves. The sticky note on junior Lily Jackson’s locker said, “Don’t count the days; make the days count.”

Jackson said, “It was inspiring because it reminded me that I only have one life so I should do what makes me happy and not care what other people think.”

The locker sticky notes are a good reminder that if you just say something nice to someone, it can make their day a lot better.