Standing Up Against Bullies

Students and Teachers Send a Message

• Seniors Jessica Rix and Talia McCauliffe stand in room 2201, an Art Room at AHS, wearing blue in solidarity with National Bullying Prevention Day

Grace Monahan

• Sophomore Mia Scarpelli, Class of 2022, stands in the high school cafeteria with many others clad in blue on Monday, Oct. 4, 2019, World Bullying Prevention Day. in the cafeteria

Grace Monahan

• Cecila Lindo, a junior in the Class of 2021, sits in the cafeteria on Monday, Oct. 7, 2019, with many students who wore blue to stand up against bullying on World Bullying Prevention Day.

Grace Monahan

• Junior Elizabeth Roy in Abington High Schools cafeteria on Monday, Oct. 7, 2019 supporting World Bullying Awareness Day by wearing blue.

Grace Monahan

• Senior class member Lauren Keleher and science teacher Ms. Farias stand together in blue in recognition of World Bullying Prevention Day on Monday, Oct. 7, 2019.

Grace Monahan

• Sophomore Derek Tirrell, Class of 2021, stands in science class in room 1207 wearing blue to recognize World Bullying Prevention Day on Monday, Oct. 7, 2019.

Grace Monahan

• Jack Clifford, a member of Abington Highs Class of 2020 stands in room 1207 in a blue T-shirt in recognition of World Bullying Prevention Day on Monday, Oct. 7, 2019.

Grace Monahan

• AHS student Connor Lee, Class of 2021, wears a dark blue T-shirt in his English class in recognition of World Bullying Prevention Day on Monday, Oct. 7, 2019.

Grace Monahan

• Kaitlyn Thetonia, a junior in the class of 2021, sports blue in her English class in room 2215 for National Bullying Prevention Day.

Grace Monahan

• Ms. Pflaumer, an English Teacher, in room 2215 sporting blue to stand against bullying.

Grace Monahan

Grace Monahan, Contributor

Did you know that the first Monday of October is World Day of Bullying Prevention Day? This year, on Monday, October 7, the staff and students of Abington High School wore blue to send a message that bullying is not okay. Check out the slideshow!

Drew Wilson and Bobby Molloy