Wave Wear Now Open!

Abington’s New School Store Creates a Buzz

Abington seniors Linda Daye and Kayla Larkin-Goodman leaving the high schools new store Wave Wear, which opened on Monday, November 18, 2019.

Troy Brown

Abington seniors Linda Daye and Kayla Larkin-Goodman leaving the high school’s new store Wave Wear, which opened on Monday, November 18, 2019.

Abington High School’s new school store is generating lots of interest. Mrs. Howell’s Small Business Retailing Class are running the store and learning about marketing first hand.

In conjunction with the store’s opening, students in Journalism and Digital Production Class created ads. One ad “Get Your Gear; Wave Wear Is Here” was published Tuesday, Nov. 19, the day after the school store opened, and within 24 hours it received *176 views.

A senior Vianne Shao wrote a promotional article “Wave Wear Is Coming Soon” for her English class and it received over *250 views in only 20 days.

More recently, on Nov. 22, senior Colby Chryssicas, one of the students in Ms. Howell’s Small Business Retailing Class was guest on “Coffee with Cam.” Chryssicas spoke about what he learned through the hands-on experience. The show received *89 views in one day.

If you still have not checked out Abington High’s new store, they are open during school lunches on most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Wave Wear is located in Room 1080, next to the Green Wave Cafe. What a convenient way to get gifts for all your friends this season!

Email: [email protected]

*Data from Google Analytics