Ski Sunapee

A place to get away to this winter

Personal photo used with permission of the Johnson family

Aaron Johnson, Contributor

Looking for a place to ski or snowboard this winter? Mount Sunapee located in Sunapee, NH, provides the perfect slope for beginners and the experienced. The ski resort opens its doors at 9 AM on weekdays and 8 AM on weekends.

Do you plan on going skiing or snowboarding this winter?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A modest 2 hour drive from the home of the Green Wave will bring you to the 2,726 foot tall mountain resort. Equipped with 66 trails and a separate learning center, Sunapee is a mountain that the whole family will enjoy.

The mountain itself consists of 3 lifts, one to the peak, one on their recent extension and one to their black diamond trials.

Pullquote Photo

Learning to ski is an amazing adventure that I would recommend to anyone who is interested. ”

— Aaron Johnson

The trails difficulty ranges from green triangle to double black diamond. Sunapee’s trails offer an exclusive experience unlike any other mountain. Most trails include winding turns that turn into leisurely slopes, which then turn into steep drops.

Don’t know how to ski or snowboard? Then Sunapee has an awesome learning program. For $154 for a full day with lunch included, a person could learn the basics and even some advanced techniques of skiing or snowboarding.

Upon entry to Mount Sunapee, the first base lodge sits on the edge of the parking lot accompanied by Goose Feather’s pub. The base lodge holds storage space for belongings and ticket booths for lift tickets. For a full day on a weekday, it costs $66 and on a weekend the lift tickets costs $74. In the second base lodge there is a food court with an a la carte style of serving. At the top of the mountain sits a sugar waffle bakery and a small cafe and lounge area.

As for the small, cozy town of Sunapee, it provides the perfect home for the ski resort. Lodges and inns might fill during the winter months, due to the vast amount of adrenaline junkies flocking to the town. An enjoyable place to stay is the Lake View Inn, which provides stunning visuals of the frozen over Lake Sunapee. The Lake View is positioned conveniently 5 minutes away from the mountain and from the rental shop Bob Skinners Ski and Sport. The rate for a full set of gear for the day, is a reasonable $38 for skiers and $32 for snowboarders.

Learning to ski is an amazing adventure that I would recommend to anyone who is interested. It is also a way to relieve stress and at the same time enjoy a fun and unique experience.

MOUNT SUNAPEE, 1398 ROUTE 103,
PO BOX 2021, NEWBURY, NH 03255
OFFICES: (603) 763-3500
GUEST SERVICES: (603) 763-3576
EMAIL:[email protected]