Black Mountain Is the Place to Be!

Enjoyable Skiing and Snowboarding Opportunities for All Levels

Abby Joyce, Social Media Manager

Black Mountain Ski Area in Jackson, New Hampshire, just out of North Conway, is a hidden goldmine for skiers and snowboarders in the winter.

In operation since 1935, Black Mountain continues to bring people enjoyment and excitement. With a total of 45 trails, the mountain accommodates skiers of every level. There are green circle, blue square, black, and double-black diamond trails. There is also ski schools for beginners.

Each trail had magnificent views and great terrain, with numerous different features such a moguls, or jumps to add more excitement and adventure to the trials. ”

— Abby Joyce

There are five different lifts that bring customers to different levels of the mountain and bring skiers to trails with differing amounts of difficulty. At the summit, which stands at 2350 feet, there is a great view of Mt. Washington, the tallest mountain in Northeastern United States.

Each trail has magnificent views and great terrain, with numerous features, such a moguls, or jumps to add more excitement and adventure to the trials. The slopes are also groomed very well to make sure that the conditions are just right for skiers and snowboarders.

The mountain also has the Lobsto Pub, which serves food and beverages, offering live music in the Lodge for people to take a break and get warm. There is also another lodge mid-way up the mountain, which people can stop at mid-run and get a snack and sit around a warm cabin while enjoying the view and company of other skiers.

Black Mountain provides a very homey and comfortable feel. The staff are very friendly and welcoming, whether playing guitar as you get off the ski lift, or talking to you as you get on. They are familiar with the regular skiers and can tell newcomers about the mountain’s features.

Black Mountain has a rich history as the oldest ski lodge in New Hampshire.  You can tell from the way you feel interacting with the staff and locals that it is special. As someone who frequents this mountain, I can say that I have never been disappointed with the conditions at Black. Some of the best skiing days I have ever had were at Black Mt., and with the right weather, it can be make for a perfect skiing day.

Although today is the last full day of winter, there is still time to head north to ski. So if you are looking for some adventure, Black Mountain Ski Area is the perfect place!

Ticket prices and hours of operation: Black Mountain Ski Area’s website

PHYSICAL ADDRESS:

373 Black Mountain Rd.

Jackson, NH 03846

PHONE: 603-383-4490

EMAIL: [email protected]

About the Writer
Abby Joyce, Social Media Editor

Abby is a member of the class of 2021. This is her second year as a staff member of the Green Wave Gazette.  Formerly a staff reporter, she was elected...