Rooting on Boys Basketball

Abington Heads to Mashpee

These six seniors of the Boys Varsity Basketball team at Abington High School have had an exciting season. Seated (left to right) Captain Bryson Andrews, Elijah Kramer, Dylan Magararu, Christian Labossier, and Josiah Rosa.

The Abington Boys Basketball team played the East Bridgewater Vikings at East Bridgewater High School on Friday, Feb. 8 and won the South Shore League (SSL) Tobin Championship for the first time since 2010, earning the first seed in the Tobin Division with a final score of Abington 66 and EB 53.

Senior Captain Bryson Andrew had an outstanding game with 30 points; Sophomore Matty Maguire played a strong game racking up 22 points, 7 rebounds; Junior Cam Curney had 10 points and 7 rebounds; and Junior Captain Will Klein had 7 rebounds and 7 assists.

We were hungry to win the League.

— Junior Captain Will Klein

Sophomore Derek Nuttall said that the game last Friday “was a great team win. We knew what we had to do and we did it.” Junior Captain Will Klein said, “We went into EB knowing we would take care of them. We were hungry to win the League. Now our focus is on to Blue Hills,” which Abington went on to win with a final score of 64-61.

In the game against Blue Hills, the game winning shot was a 3 pointer by senior Bryson Andrews, which sealed the win for the Green Wave. Andrews had an outstanding game with 29 points a 10 rebounds.

Tonight, Friday, Feb. 15, come see the Boys Varsity Basketball team as they head down to play Masphee in the final SSL Hoops match-up of the regular season. The game starts at 6:30 at Masphee High School.

The Green Wave then seeks to continue their amazing run, heading into the Tobin League Tournament next Monday and Tuesday, February 18 and 19. Come support the team and watch Senior Captain Bryson Andrews continue his legacy with a continuous increase in his 1,000 points. He is one of only four Abington players to reach that 1,000 point mark.