Wearable Fashion Sculpture Show

Abington High School’s take on Project Runway

Sculpture+Class+Students+

Marc Vento

Sculpture Class Students

Marc Vento, Staff Writer

In early November, students in Mrs. Kenealy’s first and fourth period sculpture classes at Abington High School were working diligently on their assignment to create wearable art.

The focal point of most of the art pieces traced back to mythical creatures and animals used as cultural symbols, such as dragons and gryphons. Most of the sculptures were made of materials such as cardboard and plaster to establish a base. Then, the students decorated them with fur, metal and paint.

From the colors used, to the specific details added onto the sculpture, each one was unique and creative.

— Marc Vento

The wearable aspect of the assignment gave the students complete creative freedom to incorporate ways they wanted to wear their works of art. From the colors used, to the specific details added onto the sculpture, each one was unique and creative.

Some chose to create helmets, tails or even wings. Each and every art piece truly reflected the artist’s personality, and this show was an intriguing way for the audience to view the work the students created. Chloe McAuliffe, class of 2018, attended the event. She stated that the art pieces were “very creative and one of a kind.”   

If you missed the show and want to view the work, check out the display case on the second floor outside the art room. For more information about happenings in the Art Department, check out the AHS visual art website: http://ahsvisualart.wixsite.com/artdept