How to “Prom-pose”

Here are a few tips from our prom expert

Giuseppe Vento - used with permission

George Cellini and Sydney Hamilton at the 2014 Grand March (Giuseppe Vento)

Nicole Bradbury, Staff Writer

Believe it or not juniors, prom is just around the corner. Soon, dresses will be purchased and hair appointments will be made; all for that special night. However, before the material things, every student going to prom needs to consider one of the most important elements to this event: their date.

For many students, asking someone to prom is a daunting and terrifying task when in reality, all it takes is a few seconds of bravery and confidence. Here are all the tips you need to be successful with your own “prom-posal.”

Your Date

Choosing a date among all of the people in the school can be overwhelming, especially when your original pick has already been snatched up. You have to spend the entire night with this person, so choose someone that you feel you can easily get along and have an enjoyable time with. However, it doesn’t hurt to ask someone you don’t know very well. Who knows? Maybe it will be the start of a great friendship. It’s also a wise choice to bring a friend from another school, as you can spend some of the night introducing them to new friends while still having a great time.

Creativity

Creative “prom-posals” have become very popular the last couple of years and can seal the deal when it comes to asking someone to prom. While it doesn’t need to be a large scale flash mob, asking someone via a poster, or even written on a cake, can be a fun way to break the ice and get rid of some of your nerves.

Courage

This is pretty self-explanatory, and everyone goes through moments of terror similar to this throughout their lives. All you need is a few seconds of courage, and your plan will surely (well probably) work out. Mostly everyone asking someone to prom will be just as nervous as you are, and every junior has to go through these nerves.  Just keep it in the back of your mind that prom is only one night in your life, and if the person you were hoping to go with happens to say no, it’s not that big of a deal. At least it’s not an engagement proposal… right?

So there you have it AHS  Class of 2016! Good luck with your “prom-posals” and have an amazing time on April 11!

2014 (201) (640x318)Giuseppe Vento