Unsung Hero: Alexis LaPointe

Kim Phan, Associate Editor

This edition of the Green Wave Gazette Unsung Hero recognizes an excellent athlete as well as an excellent person – Alexis LaPointe, a member of the class of 2016.

What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

I’m on the Student Council, vice-president of SAAC (Student Athletic Advisory Council), and I play soccer, Unified Soccer, and I run track.

Can you tell us a little bit about Unified Soccer?

This is the first year that we’ve started this. We help the special needs kids practice soccer, and they get to work with people who have experience playing. It’s a fun way for them to get involved with extracurricular activities after school. We have it once a week on Tuesdays.

Would you do this program next year?

I definitely feel confident about how it’s going. Where it is now, I definitely think we’ll be doing it next year.

What is your favorite subject and why?

English because I like to be creative with my writing. I don’t really like reading too much, but writing is one of my favorite things to do.

Who is your favorite teacher and why?

Ms. Giles, my eighth grade English teacher.  I feel like the way she taught really connected with the students and the topics that she taught were the most interesting for me.

I know you’re a junior right now, so this may be a premature question, but what are your plans for the future?

I definitely want to go to college. I’m not sure where or for what yet, but I was thinking maybe for teaching or architecture or something involving art.

I’ve asked this question in almost every unsung hero interview, but what is your opinion on Klondike bars?

I actually don’t really like them. They’re just not my favorite type of ice-cream. I like Moose Tracks more.

That sort of demolished my next question, but I’m going to ask it anyways. What would do for a Klondike bar?

I don’t know. If I liked them, I would probably say I would just go to buy them. But since I don’t, I probably wouldn’t do anything for them.