Pursuant to state law, no expression made by students in the exercise of such rights shall be deemed to be an expression of school policy, and no school officials shall be held responsible in any civil or criminal action for any expression made or published by the students.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Past Stories

Book Review: The Final Gambit

Jennifer Lynn Barnes closes out her Inheritance Games trilogy with a bang

Book Review: The Final Gambit 

The Final Gambit, from the Inheritance Game series, is the last novel of the trilogy written by Jennifer Lynn Barners. In this adventure Avery Grambs, the young girl that inherited millions from an old man that she never even knew. Her life did not get easier after all the challenges that she went through during the first two books. She is still the most mysterious mystery in a house full of mystery, surrounded by dangerously intelligent individuals like the four Hawthorne brothers that live in the mansion with her.  

However, the big puzzle is almost solved. But are we really at the end? Is this really where everything will come to an end? Where our dreams and hope will find a place? Where our questions will find answers? Soon Avery will become officially the richest teenager in the world, her number of enemies will increase, but there is someone that is already playing with her, someone that had bad blood with the Hawthorne brothers’ grandfather, with Tobias Hawthorne.  

Avery, left alone by her dead mother and her absent father that sees her as a way get fame and money, or left alone buy the man she thought was her father and that her mother loved the most, Toby Hawthorne. However, she will not fight in this battle by herself, her half-sister Libby and all the Hawthorne brothers, including one that has a special place in everybody’s heart, but especially in Averys, will support her and be by her side during this journey. 

Again, in this novel there are some romantic parts, with some messy but irresistible couples, that we can either love or disapprove of. But the connection between the characters and the energy that they have around each other is absolutely worth every page of this intriguing novel.  

This last novel is the last part of this adventure, the last time we love and hate situations or characters, the last time we solve twisted puzzles and curios games, with scattered clues in a mysterious mansion that hides an intrigued past and dark secrets. So, I highly recommend to take this last step toward the answers to this complicated game, or maybe there is no real answer and the books had being playing with us the whole time? You can only find out if you read it.