Pursuant to state law, no expression made by students in the exercise of such rights shall be deemed to be an expression of school policy, and no school officials shall be held responsible in any civil or criminal action for any expression made or published by the students.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Past Stories

Benson Boone: A Beautiful Thing

The song “Beautiful Things”, released on January 18th, has already reached the Billboard 100.
Benson Boone: A Beautiful Thing

Who is Benson Boone? 

Benson Boone is 21 years old and was born June 25th, 2002. He is a singer-songwriter who makes pop songs. As a young artist, it’s hard to start strong but Benson has with his second EP PULSE (Available on Spotify and other streaming services). “These songs are definitely more me,” Boone says of the project. Not that 2022’s Walk Me Home… EP, which produced the hits “GHOST TOWN” and “In The Stars,” wasn’t authentic. PULSE just expands and builds on that world,” he says. “I’m testing new waters and loving it. This is where I am now.” Boone had proved himself as a master of writing sad songs, but with PULSE, he brought some joy into the mixture. The songs are more upbeat but still convey the same message as the sad songs, a mark of a true artist.  

And remember that Boone is still new to the music industry. His first time stepping up to a microphone was in 2019 when he and his friends entered a battle of the bands competition and the easygoing, high school senior volunteered to play piano. When their front man backed out at the last minute, Boone stepped up. “I didn’t know I could sing,” he says. “But it just kind of worked.”  

Since then, Boone has released 2 EP’s and a few more singles with the most recent being “Beautiful Things.” Boone Currently holds a 17.2M monthly listener count on Spotify and rising. Boone also has his debut album releasing soon, which I’m certain is going to touch more hearts than ever before.  

The Song Itself 

The newest song by Boone, “Beautiful Things” is already a hit and trendsetter. Its stand on the Billboard charts alone should justify that. This song is enchanting. From the vocals, to the lyrics, and the tune your ears can’t help but listen. The song is about Boone doing better in life, the first lyric being “For a while there it was tough” followed by “But lately I’ve been doing better”. Through these first two lines you can already understand the vibe of this song. The tune starts slow and steady at a soft relaxing pace. Boone sings about how he’s been seeing his parents more often and has finally met a girl that even his parents love. He then mentions how he knows this might be temporary and things can be taken away. Boone’s vocals really carry this song, and the chorus is just beautiful. The song, at its core, is about things in Boone’s life being simply beautiful. The life he has now and the people in it are amazing, and he doesn’t want them taken away. He wants them to stay.

The lines directly after the chorus hit hard and tell a story,  I found my mind I’m feeling sane. It’s been a while but I’m finding my faith.” Boone feels good, anyone would he feels sane as he says,  “If everything’s good and it’s great, why do I sit and wait till it’s gone.” This line is really a tug on the heart strings, I think everyone has had a moment like this before where even though everything is good whatever the situation you can’t help but expect disappointment or to lose it all. Boone then mentions that he’s at peace and he has love, but despite this he still stays up at night thinking he’s going to lose it all, before going right back into the acclaimed chorus. The soaring heart of the song. “Beautiful Things” is everything it needs to be, it has slow parts, and fast exhilarating parts. It strikes a perfect balance. The lyrics convey a message that many can relate to, and overall, just punch you in the feelings. The song doesn’t overstay its welcome either by lasting for around 3 minutes, but you can’t help but wish it lasted a little longer to hear that chorus one last time.  

I would give Benson Boone’s newest single “Beautiful Things” an 8/10. The song is great and I believe that Boone can only rise in talent from here. I wish I could say this is the best thing he will ever make but I just know that he has more coming and if they are even half as good as this song they’ll still be absolutely amazing. I encourage every reader to listen to the full song, and maybe check out more of Boone’s music on one of his social media pages. Along with the great lyrics and vocals, “Beautiful Things” has great cinematography in its music video. Watch it in the link provided below. 

Watch the music video for “Beautiful Things” here!

View Comments (2)

Comments (2)

All The Green Wave Gazette Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• T

Tracy SpencerApr 2, 2024 at 9:02 PM

Love his voice! Songs speak from the heart of millions!!

Reply
    • L

LynApr 28, 2024 at 8:05 AM

Yes, right on target!
      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reply