Pursuant to state law, no expression made by students in the exercise of such rights shall be deemed to be an expression of school policy, and no school officials shall be held responsible in any civil or criminal action for any expression made or published by the students.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Past Stories

AHS Jazz Band!

Our school’s jazz band begins open practice next month

Are you looking to play some jazz? Jazz band is starting up in January! Jazz band will take place every Tuesday after school at 2:00pm, in the band room. If you are interested in joining jazz band, simply just show up! Any instruments are welcome and feel free to reach out to Mr. Leonelli with any questions you have. Updates will be posted on the Jazz band Instagram, @ahs_jazz_band with any upcoming events or meetings.  

What makes jazz stand out from other genres? 

Jazz gives musicians the opportunity to express themselves through music. The freedom of expression within Jazz is endless. The genre continues to inspire musicians across all genres, Jazz has opened doors for musicians to create new sounds and experiment with different styles. It teaches musicians about improvisation, harmonies, rhythms, and much more. Jazz education requires working with others and making decisions under the pressure of time.  

What to expect…. 

AHS Jazz band will include playing all different types of fun and challenging music, we also are open to trying out some Rock, Latin, Funk, Fusion, and Pop pieces! Another goal would be to have some performances to show off the skills the band has worked on. If you are interested, please consider attending a meeting in January!