Pursuant to state law, no expression made by students in the exercise of such rights shall be deemed to be an expression of school policy, and no school officials shall be held responsible in any civil or criminal action for any expression made or published by the students.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Past Stories

Powderpuff 2023

The seniors held their own against the juniors to take home the trophy

Powder Puff is a tradition of Abington High School, where the girl students play flag football; seniors against juniors. A couple of weeks before the game, the competitive teams had practices. The Seniors trained with the senior football team players. The Junior girls trained with the junior football players. During the practice the two teams trained on defense and offense, refining their abilities for the game.  

On November 21st the Powder puff football game took place on the turf at 6 PM. The girls arrived there at 5:30 PM, to get ready for the game, the competition could be felt in every way. With the two competitive teams nominating their captains and with the referee tossing what should have been a coin, the juniors got the ball. The seniors set up a good defense, making the juniors not get to the touchdown.  

The first touchdown was scored by Jill Groom, from the seniors. They found the juniors unprepared for this, however the juniors scored multiple times, bringing the competition to another level. The pressure during the game increased, especially when the points were almost the same. 

However, the seniors held their own against the juniors thanks to the offense that scored twenty-nine points against the juniors, who ended the game with fourteen points. 

In the end both of the teams enjoyed their time, which ended up being a night of fun, sportsmanship, and camaraderie.