Preparing for What’s Next

AHS students attended the Hanover High School college fair

Kayden Lynch

AHS Guidance Office advertises college choices for students

Mary Klein, Senior Staff Writer

Abington High School’s juniors and seniors had the opportunity on Tuesday, September 27th to attend a college fair. Our school’s guidance counselors who we know and love (Ms. Park, Ms. Coscia, and Ms. McGinnis) accompanied and advised the students. This was a quick, less than two-hour field trip to Hanover High School for students to have the opportunity meet admissions counselors from colleges and to ask questions.

This was an informative and special privilege to experience while tackling the confusing process of preparing for life after high school

— Mary Klein

Admissions counselors were on hand to elaborate on majors, student life and opportunities at their specific colleges. These were productive conversations, with students getting information about needs and wants for their school search. This was an eye-opening experience to jump start the juniors’ quest on a future school search and get seniors to finalize their application lists in preparation for their fall and winter deadlines. Aside from colleges, there were armed forces representatives from the Marines, Air Force, and Army for students interested in joining to serve our country.

Each representative and counselor were set up at his or her own table. Students could approach, grab pamphlets, merch, and business cards from those who were running the table. Students could then reach out further through the contact information they were given to ask any unanswered questions regarding the school or placement. This was an informative and special privilege to experience while tackling the confusing process of preparing for life after high school. Students who were unable attend should definitely take advantage of this opportunity next year!