Boys Soccer SSL All Stars: 2020

Two AHS Boys Soccer Players Kick the Competition

Sophomore Christopher Ferreira was named as a South Shore League All Star for the 2020 Boys Soccer Team.

Lindsay Augusta and Emily Coulsey

This year, the Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC) has decided to create spotlights to honor Abington High School’s student athletes. In light of the current pandemic, it is more important than ever to recognize their efforts and talents.

Highlighted on the fourth day of these spotlights are two South Shore League All Stars from the Boys Soccer team. They are sophomore Christopher Ferreira and junior Jesse Spinney.

Christopher Ferreira

Christopher Ferreira has been named as a South Shore League All Star for the Boys’ Varsity Soccer team. The sophomore, 10th grade, has been playing soccer for three years. Christopher’s position on the field is wings, and his favorite memory of the sport is scoring a free kick of 27 yards! When asked why he chose to go into soccer, Chris says, “It’s a sport I love doing!” Back in 2019 Chris was also given the MVP award for his AYS Spring Soccer team. Christopher continues to be a valued player of his team, and everyone can’t wait to see what else he will accomplish in his soccer career!

Jesse Spinney

Jesse Spinney has been named as a South Shore League All Star for the Boys’ Varsity Soccer team. The junior, 11th grade, has been playing soccer for 12 years. Jesse’s position on the field is defense and occasionally forward. His favorite memory of the sport is winning his first game sophomore year and celebrating and singing in the locker room with his team. When asked why Jesse chose to go into soccer, he says, “he’s played since he was little!” Jesse has also gone to The Massachusetts Tournament of Champions (MTOC) twice. Jesse is a valuable player on his team, and everyone can’t wait to see what he will accomplish in the rest of his soccer career!