Jesse Spinney

Abington High School long-term substitute math teacher Mr. Michael Caseley in this picture Mr. Caseley in seen in Room 1215 during Bridge Block B during a Microsoft Teams meeting on March 19, 2021.

Homegrown, Another Abington Alumni Returns

Michael Caseley covers three subjects in the math department

Abington High School long term substitute math teacher and coach Mr. Michael Caseley was hired for his substitute role in 2020, the day before the school year started.

Caseley teaches geometry, algebra 2 and trigonometry to grades 10 and 11. He is in Room 1215 of the math wing.

This is not Caseley’s first math teaching job. He taught math for three years, two of which were during summer school at Abington High. He was also a teacher in middle school prior to crossing the hallway to the high school.

Like several other current Abington High School teachers, Caseley graduated from AHS. He is a member of the Class of 2010.

A fun fact not a lot of people here would know about him is that he “played a mean baritone and was voted most musical in 7th grade.”

Caseley went to Southern New Hampshire University, majoring in Data Analytics. He graduated in 2020.

In addition to being a student and a teacher at Abington, Caseley has served as the varsity soccer coach from 2017 to present, along with varsity indoor and outdoor track from 2018 to present.

He began working as a teacher in Abington because not only did he grow up here, Caseley said, “this was the first town to hire me.”

Besides teaching, his favorite activity to do in his spare time is “hanging out with my 2-year-old,” he said.

Mr. Caseley does a lot for the students and the school.

Note: Dates were added on 20 Mar 2021 at 3:50 p.m.

Comments (0)

All The Green Wave Gazette Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *