Unsung Hero: Riley Morrison

Riley Morrison

Staff

Riley Morrison

As summer approaches, let’s finish the year off with one more unsung hero: Riley Morrison.

What after school activities are you in?

Most recently for the drama program, I was an MC for Mr. AHS. I’m the guy who says, “Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the contestants!” and I was also in the Improvables. Hopefully, you know what that is. (Abington High’s Improv Troupe)

Along those lines, you’ve been greatly involved in the drama program, how has that whole experience been for you?

It has been a rollercoaster of emotions. I haven’t always liked it. In seventh grade I did “Grease,” which I thought was okay at the time. But looking back, (I find) I really don’t want to look back.

To be honest, I was in the audience for that, and I’d really have to agree with you.

Yeah. Then I didn’t do it in eighth grade. Then in high school, I got back into it with “Legally Blonde,” I had a solid three lines. Then this year, I was Moonface Martin. I had originally planned to audition for one of the two Asians, but then I auditioned and Mr. Shannon told me I was coming back for callbacks for Moonface Martin. There were three people auditioning for Moonface, if I remember correctly. It was stressful because I had to sing in front of people for the first time ever. The other people who auditioned were actually pretty happy that I got the role. Because as it turns out, Moonface has the most lines (or pretty close) and a solo too, something I didn’t know at the time.

Who is your favorite teacher, and why?

Well, I’ve always had a soft spot for the English teachers, because I love the class. But, I’d have to say, Mr. Shannon. He’s great during drama, and I have him for Media Production.

So English is your favorite class?

Yeah, I’ve always loved it. I don’t know what it is, there must be something in the drinking water, because it seems like I just click with English teachers.

As a sophomore, you’re halfway through your high school career. How has it been for you?

It’s been ‘aight.’ Freshman year, I’ve already started to forget that. And sophomore year has been a rollercoaster of emotions and sadness. No, I’m kidding, it’s been fine.

This is usually a closing thing that I do, have you read Unsung Hero articles in the past?

Of course I have; I’ve studied up on this.

What is your opinion on Klondike Bars?

I’m actually a big fan.

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

I’m leaning towards selling my soul. That’s just the first thing that pops into my head.