Calling All Gamers!

AHS Welcomes the Gaming Club!

AHS+Gaming+Club+members%3A+Colin+Maynard%2C+Mr.+Cutter%2C+Declan+Burns%2C+Krish+Panjwani%2C+Brian+Tolan%2C+James+Choukas%2C+Anna+Blyth%2C+Kristen+White%2C+Derek+Tirrell%2C+Mr.+Scott%2C+Grace+Hanley%2C+and+Dylan+Reagan.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Calling All Gamers!

AHS Gaming Club members: Colin Maynard, Mr. Cutter, Declan Burns, Krish Panjwani, Brian Tolan, James Choukas, Anna Blyth, Kristen White, Derek Tirrell, Mr. Scott, Grace Hanley, and Dylan Reagan.

Abby Joyce

Abby Joyce

Abby Joyce

Abby Joyce, Public Relations Manager

Abington High has introduced a new extracurricular activity this year: the Gaming Club. Every Wednesday you can find roughly 20 club members in Mr. Cutter’s room. He is the adviser of the club and Mr. Scott is the co-adviser.

The group plays different games, including console games, board games, and trading card games. This winter they hope to start a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. In addition to the variety of games this club offers, they also hope to participate in many fundraisers and fun events as the year goes on.

The goal of the club is to provide a place for students from every walk of life to get together socially and play the games that they love.”

— Mr. Cutter

When asked the goal of the club, Mr. Cutter said, “The goal of the club is to provide a place for students from every walk of life to get together socially and play the games that they love.” He also added, “The games we play are mostly competitive, but we foster an open environment where students are encouraged to be sportsmen, to lose and win with grace.”

If you hear a lot of animated voices on a Wednesday after school, chances are it is coming from the students in room 2218 having fun with games.

About the Contributor
Abby Joyce, Public Relations Manager

Abby is a member of the class of 2021. This is her second year as a staff member of the Green Wave Gazette.  Formerly a staff reporter, she was elected...

1 Comment

One Response to “Calling All Gamers!”

1. Susan Crowley on October 19th, 2018 7:52 AM

Nice article. is great to see so many extra curricular activities for all students at AHS.

• Calling All Gamers!

Clubs and Entertainment

Bonding and Breaking Bread

• Calling All Gamers!

Clubs and Entertainment

Welcoming New Students

• Calling All Gamers!

Clubs and Entertainment

Green Wave Gazette in the News

• Calling All Gamers!

Clubs and Entertainment

Green Wave Gazette: 2017-2018

• Calling All Gamers!

Clubs and Entertainment

Senior Spotlight: Allison Dennehy

Calling All Gamers!