Hundreds Gather Together to Run

The Jeff Coombs Memorial Road Race

Boys Soccer Team. Left to right, Josh Flaherty, Declan Hamill, Brendan Grafton, Nolan Costa, Branden Papacino, Kaio Rubim, James Flaherty, Nathan Joyce, Derek Nuttall, Bobby Molloy, Andrew Roy, Connor Saccoach, Coach Caseley

Erielle Amboy and Alison Santosuosso

On Sunday, Sept 9, the 17th annual Jeff Coombs Memorial Road Race took place. People ran, walked, and pushed strollers from the Woodsdale School and back again for 5K to honor the victims of the 9/11 attacks.

This event was sponsored by Christie Coombs, wife of the late Jeff Coombs. People from neighboring towns also attended the race to honor the family of fallen Weymouth Police Officer Michael Chesna.

The race started at 9 AM, and throughout the day many activities happened at the Woodsdale, including face painting, pony rides, raffles, and free food.

About the Contributors
Alison Santosuosso, Staff Writer

Alison is a member of the class of 2021. She joined the Green Wave Gazette her freshman year. She also contributes to the Peer Leaders club. On the Green Wave Gazette, her writing focuses on local and national news. Her first article “Positive Points” was on J.J. Watt. She would love to travel the world someday. After attending college, she would like to be an attorney. Alison hopes you enjoy reading the Green Wave Gazette.

Erielle Amboy, Photo Journalist

Erielle Maxine is a member of the class of 2020. This is her second year as a Photo Journalist on the Green Wave Gazette. In addition to photography, Erielle Maxine enjoys sports and music. She is on the volleyball, basketball and track teams and plays guitar and ukulele. Her first story written for the school newspaper was as a freshman when she wrote about Mr. Di Rado, The Art Teacher, published Nov 2016. After high school, Erielle plans to attend a film college. She hopes you will find inspiration and entertainment in the Green Wave Gazette.