Freshman News April ’18

Class Advisor, via Twitter

Officers Carly Mentis, Lyla Blanchard, and Brendan Remillard

Staff

• Term 3 Report Cards will be distributed to students on Thursday, April 5, 2018 during 7th period Advisory.
  • 4/28 bake sale at the town elections from 8 AM to 6 PM. All money earned goes to the class of 2021. Needed: donated baked goods.
  • The Guidance Department met with students to select their courses for the 2018-2019 school year.  A copy of the course selection will be sent home with the report cards the week of April 9, 2018 for parent signature.  Parents must contact the teacher and/or department head to request any level changes.
  • Congratulations to Lily Bonner who had work accepted for publication in The Marble Collection, a juried publication for and by Massachusetts secondary students.
  • Congratulations to All-Star Athletes (Cheer) Carolyn Doherty and Leah Kinniburgh!
  • Congratulations to Elizabeth Roy, one of the state semifinalists in this year’s Letters about Literature program, who placed among the top five percent of MA student-writers this year!
  • 04/16 TO 04/20 – SPRING VACATION
  • Nomination packets for the Chester Millet Outstanding Teacher are available in the Abington High School Office and the Superintendent’s Office and must be submitted to the Abington School Committee via the Pupil Personnel Office no later than April 30, 2018.
  • FUNDRAISER! Raffle Calendar Mayhem. Do you like Red Sox tickets, gift cards, concert tickets to Ed Sheeran or Beyoncé& JayZ, or even jumpy houses. Check out the raffle calendar to win these prizes and many more. All the proceeds raised from this calendar will go to future events for the freshman class such as prom, senior reception, and yearbook. The raffle is $10. See an officer at lunch.
  • Congratulations to freshman Lily Bonner. Her work “Sound of Stress” has been nominated for exhibition at The Marble Collection’s fifth annual magazine release gala, Spring into Art, on Sunday, May 20, 2018 at U Mass Boston’s Harbor Gallery.

Class of 2021 Twitter: https://twitter.com/HeyAHS2021

Abington High School website: http://abingtonps.org/schools/abington_high_school.php

Officers:

• Lyla Blanchard, President
  • Brendan Remillard, Vice President
  • Jack Clifford, Treasurer
  • Carly Mentis, Secretary

Advisor: Ms. Reardon